Professor and researcher at the Department of Computer Science, Federal University of Paraná (UFPR), Curitiba, Brazil. Former Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Campinas, and Visiting Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Reading – UK. From 2015 to 2019, Roberto has served as Associate Editor for the Brazilian Journal on Computers in Education.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Interactive Systems (JIS)(2020-)
- Editor-in-Chief of the Horizontes Magazine (2019-)
- Deputy Coordinator of the UFPR’s Graduate Program in Computer Science (2017-)
- Member of the special Human Computer Interaction (IHC) committee in Brazil (2016-)
Interests: Human-Computer Interaction; Information Systems; Informatics in Education; Organizational Semiotics; Social Software; Social Web; Human Values and Culture in technology design, Socially Aware Design, Computational Thinking.
Page on social media:
Contact: rpereira inf ufpr br
Rua Cel. Francisco H. dos Santos, 100 Centro Politécnico, 81531-980 Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
Department of Computer Science, Office room 87. Phone: +55 41 3361 3685
5 Selected publications available for download:
Piccolo, L.S. and Pereira, R., Culture-based artefacts to inform ICT design: foundations and practice. AI & SOCIETY, 34(3), pp.437+453. 2019.
- Pereira, R., Baranauskas, M.C.C. . International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 80: 66-82. 2015.
- Pereira, R., Baranauskas, M.C.C. and Liu, K., . SBC Journal on Interactive Systems, 9(1), pp. 4-16. 2018.
- Baranauskas, M.C.C., de Souza, C.S, Pereira, R. . Brazilian Computer Society. 2015.
- Pereira, R. and Baranauskas, M.C.C., . I GranDSI-BR, p.148. 2018.
- , University of Campinas. Coordinated by Cecilia Baranauskas.
- , University of Reading. Coordinated by Kecheng Liu.
- , State University of Maringá. Coordinated by Valéria Feltrim.
- , University of Campinas. Coordinated by M. Teresa E. Mantoan.
- (Studies on Public Policy), University of Campinas.
Federal University of Paraná, Centro Politécnico. Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil.