Professor and researcher at the Department of Informatics, Federal University of Paraná (UFPR), Curitiba, Brazil. Research areas: Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science Education, Computing in Education. Interests: Human Values and Culture in technology design, Socially Aware Design, User eXperience, Computational Thinking, Gamification, Participatory Design, Active Learning in Computing Education.
Lattes (Portuguese only)
From 2015 to 2019, I have served as Associate Editor for the Brazilian Journal on Computers in Education, and as a member of the special Human Computer Interaction (IHC) committee in Brazil (2016-2021). Currently, I am working as:
- Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Interactive Systems (JIS)(2020-)
- Editor-in-Chief of the Horizontes Magazine (2019-)
- Deputy Coordinator of the UFPR’s Graduate Program in Computer Science (2017-)
Research Group: IHC Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
Page on social media: https://www.facebook.com/ihc.ufpr/
Contact: rpereira inf ufpr br
Rua Cel. Francisco H. dos Santos, 100 Centro Politécnico, 81531-980 Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
Department of Computer Science, Office room 87. Phone: +55 41 3361 3685
SELECTED OPEN ACCESS publications:
- Pereira, R., Baranauskas, M.C.C. and Liu, K., An Essay on Human Values in HCI. Journal on Interactive Systems, 9(1), pp. 4-16. 2018.
Piccolo, L.S. and Pereira, R., Culture-based artefacts to inform ICT design: foundations and practice. AI & SOCIETY, 34(3), pp.437+453. 2019.
- Pereira, R., Baranauskas, M.C.C. A value-oriented and culturally informed approach to the design of interactive systems. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 80: 66-82. 2015.
Ortiz, J. S., Moreira, C., Menezes, K., Ferrari, B., Silva Junior, D., & Pereira, R. Computational Thinking and Mental Models: Promoting Digital Culture in the Youth and Adult Education. Interacting with Computers. 2022.
- Baranauskas, M.C.C., de Souza, C.S, Pereira, R. I GranDIHC-BR — Grand Research Challenges in Human-Computer Interaction in Brazil. Brazilian Computer Society. 2015.
- Pereira, R. and Baranauskas, M.C.C., Systemic and Socially Aware Perspective for Information Systems. I GranDSI-BR, p.148. 2018.
- Pereira, R. Dez Pontos que Precisamos Discutir e Repensar na Pós-Graduação Pública. Revista de Educação Pública. Vol. 31. pp. 1-26. 2022. [Portuguese only]
- InterHAD – Human-Digital Artifact Interaction Research Group, University of Campinas. Coordinated by Cecilia Baranauskas.
- SERG.UFF – Semiotic Engineering Research Group, Fluminense Federal University. Coordinated by Luciana Salgado.
- User eXperience – Laboratory of Studies in Networks, Innovation and Software, Federal University of São Carlos. Coordinated by Luciana Zaina.
- Carleen Maitland, Penn State Univeristy, collaboration in ICT and humanity issues research.
- NEPP – Núcleo de Estudos em Políticas Públicas (Studies on Public Policy), University of Campinas.
Federal University of Paraná, Centro Politécnico. Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil.