Basically, candidates can assume that I am always accepting new smart and self-motivated Master or Ph.D. students. In general, you can choose any topic related to computer architecture, although I may as well suggest one of my topics of interest. If you are not convinced that computer architects still have problems to solve, please read this (David Patterson Says It’s Time for New Computer Architectures and Software Languages – IEEE Spectrum).
Master Degree: please visit the to see the deadline for the next admission process. Notice that the POSCOMP exam is almost mandatory if you intend to apply for a scholarship.
Ph.D.: I am interested in different areas and topics where we can develop a real advance in the area. If you want to investigate topics related to computer architecture, contact me and we can share some ideas. The recommendations in our for Ph.D. candidates as well.
Current topics of interests:
- Computer architecture (processors, memory sub-systems, interconnections)
- High-performance computing (parallel programming, high-performance systems)
- Memory systems (cache memories, memory controllers, DRAM, and NVM memories)
- Microarchitecture simulation (cycle-accurate simulators, fast and accurate simulation)
- In-memory processing (smart memories capable of performing computations)
I appreciate candidates that enjoy investigating new issues in technology (design, implementation, use, evaluation, adoption, impact), and that want to change the world for better via technology. If that motivates you, we can do a good job together! 🙂
PhD and Masters
- Emmanuell Diaz Careno
- Ricardo Kohler
- Aline Santana Cordeiro
- Paulo Cesar Santos da Silva Jr (co-advisor with Prof. Antonio Carlos S. Beck Filho/UFRGS)
- Tiago Rodrigo Kepe (co-advise with Prof. Eduardo Cunha de Almeida/UFPR)
- Simone Dominico (co-advise with Prof. Eduardo Cunha de Almeida/UFPR)
- Giane Lima de Almeida (co-advise with Prof. Luiz Carlos Pessoa Albini/UFPR)
- Rodrigo Machniewicz Sokulski
- Bruno Guimarães
Masters & PhD
- Ph.D. Ivan Pires (co-advise with Prof. Luiz Carlos Pessoa Albini/UFPR)
- M.S. Diego Tomé (co-advise with Prof. Eduardo Cunha de Almeida/UFPR)
- B.Sc. Aline Santana Cordeiro