I am member of the HCI Research Group from the Federal University of Paraná, coordinated by Profa. Laura Garcia. I have collaborated with other researchers and institutions, such as UNICAMP, UFSCar, UDESC, UFF, UFMT, The Open University and University of Reading. Below, you will find more about my current research works and interests.
My research view has been influenced mainly by Cecilia Baranauskas (UNICAMP) and her understanding of technology design -- see why and how, Edward T. Hall and his framework to understand culture as a form of non-verbal communication, and Viktor Papanek's view of the role and responsibility of technology design and designers.
- Socially Aware Design: Artifacts, Methods, Tools and Applications to support stakeholders in design activities. Participatory design, universal design, human values, culture, human rights, social norms, how to deal with such issues in a technology development cycle, and real world applications, are under the scope of this project.
- DSC CASE Tool: partnership with Jesus (Unicamp). This tools is being designed to support a socially aware perspective to design. New artifacts and methods, integration with UML artifacts, project management, software and requirements engineering, are interesting issues to be investigated in this project.
- Social Networks and Professional Autonomy. Coordinated by Cecilia Baranauskas and Maria Teresa E. Mantoan (Unicamp). In this project, the TNR system was created and being used to support the collaborative work of teachers in the inclusive education field. Social network articulation, analysis and features, information recommendation, collaborative issues, usability and accessibility, motivation, etc., are some issues explored in this project.
- Culture in HCI: in a collaboration with Isabela Gasparini (UDESC) and Luciana Salgado (UFF), we have organized workshop and published papers on culture in HCI in Brazil, critical discussions, challenges, etc. We have different backgrounds and views for culture in HCI, making our collaboration even more interesting for us.
- Software Product Line and Socially Aware Design: Luciana Zaina (UXLERIS Group, UFSCar Sorocaba) has invited me to join interesting discussions where we are looking at software product line from the perspective of a socially aware design, inspired by a participatory methodology.
- Public Policy for Children Education: I have participated on Roberta Rocha's research (NEPP, Unicamp) on public policy for children education, trying to identify what is the education that we, as a society, want for our children. The interesting part here is to listen to the community and develop the plan with them.
- Teaching Software Requirements and HCI: Professor Ariadne Carvalho (Unicamp) and I have conducted some teaching experiences where HCI and Software Requirement courses are articulated. The results are promising and we are going to publish something soon ;)
Upcoming and Recent Events
- 2017. XVI Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computer Systems (IHC 2017). Program Chair with Luciana Zaina (UFSCar)
- 2016. VII Workshop on Aspects of the HCI for the Social Web. Co-chair with Cristiano Macie (UFMT) and José Viterbo Filho (UFF)
- 2016. XV Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computer Systems (IHC 2016). Short Papers Co-chair with Cristiano Maciel (UFMT)
- 2016. The 17th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations. Publicity Chair
- 2015. II JAIE - Informatics in Education. Co-chair with Ranilson Paiva (UFAL)
- 2014. I WCIHC - Workshop on Cultural Issues in HCI. Co-chair with Isabela Gasparini (UDESC) and Luciana Salgado (UFF)
- 2014. Panel of GranDIHC-BR: Grand Research Challenges in HCI in Brazil. Co-chair with Cecilia Baranauskas (Unicamp) and Clarisse de Souza (PUC-Rio)